Friday, 11 September 2009

Hopefully the ute is fixed

The speed controller has been stopping with an "earth fault" intermittently with increasing regularity.

After talking to the Danfoss service guy, thanks Gavin, I installed a similar current sense board as this is where the problem seemed to be. The ute ran fine for about a week.

Last week I took the original board and soldered in a resistor array that was in a socket and re soldered the current sensors then replaced the board into the ute.

I have been driving for about 5 days, so far without fault. Lets hope that is the end of the problems!

1 comment:

Woody said...

Socket mounting is probably incompatible with Vehicle use due to the intermittent use (heat / cool cycle) combined with the vibration + bumps from road use, potholes + speed bumps :-)