Saturday, 20 February 2010

Motor disassembly

The Electrolux, (my electric Hilux / Tacoma pickup) has been on the road for almost a year. It has had a couple of problems but overall very successful in showing that industrial equipment is suitable for an electric conversion.

I removed and disassembled the motor this morning for 2 reasons.

1. I will fit a shaft encoder. This will give me better starting torque which has always been a problem. Hopefully it will also prevent exceeding pull-out torque as well. The encoder I used is the from PCA. It has 800 pulses per revolution . The part number is INHG-12HS-33AM / 0800

The reason I chose this one is because it is IP65, can be fitted on the fan end of the shaft after turning the shaft down to 12mm and will not be in the way of the electric fan.

2. To see if I can rewire the phases in parallel in order to convert the motor to 415v star configuration. Unfortunately the wiring is all gooped up with a hard substance making it imposable to locate and hack into the wires. Perhaps it will be rewound sometime.

Here are some pictures of the phase configuration.
There are 36 slots






Post a Comment